Walking on a regular basis, say 30 minutes, 3 times a week (or more), will help to enhance the function of specific brain structure and improve the coordination of important brain networks. The following are the benefits of walking that increases our brain power:-
- Improves the higher mental processes of memory and in executive functions like planning and organization.
- Improves learning ability and intelligence
- Have better concentration
- Improves in reasoning tasks
- Increase cognitive function level
- Enhances connections between the brain circuits, combat a drop in brain function linked to aging
- Senior citizens who walk regularly show significant improvement in memory skills compared to sedentary elderly people